997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

X51 Power Kit for 997.II - 2010

Old 10-25-2009, 09:40 PM
modfather is on a distinguished road
X51 Power Kit for 997.II - 2010

Well they had to **** me off, didn't they. Now available is the Porsche Power Kit for 2010 C2S and C4S models. Lovely $16,900!!! Yet another option to tag on the list before I put my order in in January. In addition to the paddles! DAMM!!! Your views and comments. Worth it?

Later Peace/Out - The Modfather!

X51 Power Kit 997.II
Engine upgrade to 408 hp. Comprised of modified cylinder heads, carbon-fiber air filter casing (upper part), new variable resonance intake manifold with six tuning flaps, sports exhaust system featuring specially designed twin dual-tube tailpipes and modified engine management. Note: also available in conjunction with PDK.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:55 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
It's hard to tell if it's worth it. On top of other options on an S you may be approaching GT3 territory (based off MSRP of course).

Last edited by jherbias; 10-25-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:42 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
For that price you might as well step up to a GT3.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Koby will become famous soon enough
gt3 all the way...

Old 10-26-2009, 07:32 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
For that price you might as well step up to a GT3.
May not be applicable to most people who still need those crappy rear seats for their kids.
Or do they offer an option for GT3 to have rear seats mounted there?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
No way worth it. Go GT3 or SC that bad boy.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like the power kit they announced for the 997.2 SC we read about a few weeks ago.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 AM
dndodd is on a distinguished road
Bet the new 998 will the equivalent or higher power!!

Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
DaveC will become famous soon enough
The problem w/ X51 is that it is a very poor value, even by Porsche standards, although it does include PSE ($2800US). The power and torque gains are undetectable for most drivers in most conditions. There is essentially no resale value for X51 based on previous model history. I'm not sure I buy into the mantra of "better get a GT3", while the GT3 can be pressed into DD duty, the wing is not something I care to drive around town with, and the ride height is also an issue unless you spring for the front end lift. The 385HP of the current S is quite satisfying for most drivers in the majority of DD conditions, IMHO.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
I guess there is no "delete wing" option for the GT3????

I suppose I would want the wing for track duty. I wonder if there is someway to swap the engine covers back and forth. It would make the GT3 a good DD option!
I really can't see the value in the powerkit. The car would start north of $100K. Probably be $110-115 before things were where you would want them. Ouch!

Old 10-26-2009, 09:03 AM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
I don't know if it is a terrible value? What would a tuner charge to mod up a car to that power level, and would it ruin your warranty?
Especially if you prefered PDK, or some other non GT3 version or feature.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
That's true that a tuner will probably beat you up for more cash...and you get to keep the warranty. But, you would have to really be "in love" with a 997S to spend that kind of dough for a few ponies! The 997S is already at the top of it's price strata. You could make a strong argument for the added expense of a GT3, let's call it the "track scalpel" or perhaps the Twin Turbo model, "thor's hammer?"...but 110K for a 997S with 20 more BHP.....I'll pass!
At that price point, you get into more "special" cars, such as the Audi R8. The basic 997S lacks the character and interior refinements of a car up in that kind of dough. With the GT3 and turbo, I can see the value at least.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
i will sell you a single turbo kit for less than that.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:38 AM
BillyBob is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
i will sell you a single turbo kit for less than that.
How many hours of durability testing did you do at rated speed and load? Did you maintain an acceptable level of blow by, minimal carbon build up in the top ring, pistons remain in one piece?

$16K may on the surface seem poor value, but when you keep in mind that it has full factory warranty behind it and has the same durability expectations as the std 3.8S, then it's not so bad.

Also keep in mind that the X51 will not make it's way on to many cars so they need to recoup their development expenses some how. Someone needs to pay for it

Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
we have over 400k miles on our cayman S turbo systems all over the world. The official release hasnt been made for the 997.1 but we do have cars. We are also close on the .2. give us a little more time

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X51 Power Kit for 997.II - 2010