Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

anyone blackout the headlights?

Old 03-20-2010, 11:21 AM
yoojeankim is on a distinguished road
anyone blackout the headlights?

i was wondering if anyone has opened the headlights and black the chrome inside the headlights? thought it'd look pretty awesome

Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Old 03-20-2010, 02:24 PM
yoojeankim is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
i was thinking more of DIY. i'm def not paying 2k for an easy task

Old 03-20-2010, 09:53 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
Was thinking about blacking out the headlights as well.

I searched a few forums and found posts about blacking out cayman headlights but nothing about the Cayenne.

From what I have read, Porsche light assemblies in general are not as easy to work with as other cars where you can just bake/pry them open... most have had to cut/break the headlights apart and re-silicon them together

Last edited by strife_wy; 03-22-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I saw a link on renntech that linked to a Russian site with pictures of a first gen headlight that had been blacked out.

The site is all in Russian so I can't give any details.

I see that the OP is in Colorado. I am too and this is one of the first things I want to do when I pick up a CTT. (still shopping). I would be interested in helping and documenting with pictures if you want to work on this.

I have opened up several sets of Audi lights in the past. Just have not had the Cayenne headlights in my hands yet.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Old 03-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Wow! those look great... rep points for you

Can anyone read russian? would love to know how they did it

Old 03-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
This is the translation:
your welcome.

Купил недавно Кайен. Фары на нем были все затертые и мутные. Полировка фар результатат не принесла, все стекла из нутри были в каком то налете Решили разобрать И вот что из этого вышло: Весь процесс занял вечер пятницы. По расходникам 1170 р. (Туба герметика для стекол, флакон грунтовки и краски для бамперов черной матовой, малярный скотч, мистер мускул, строительный фен, 2 плоских отвертки, канцелярский нож). Еще предстоит повторная полировка и проверка герметизации.
П.С. Не судите строго!!!!!!)))))))))))))

equals :

Purchased recently Cayenne. Headlights on it were all rubbed over and turbid. The polishing of headlights [rezultatat] did not bring, all glass from [nutri] were in what that attack they decided to dismantle I this is what this it left: Entire process engaged the evening of Friday. On quillworts 1170 r. (Tuba sealing compound for the glass, the bottle of priming and paint for the bumpers of black lusterless, painter Scotch tape, Mister muscle, construction foehn, 2 flat screwdrivers, office knife). Repeated polishing and leak check still is in prospect. [P].[S]. you do not judge strictly!!!!!! ") ") ") "))

Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I think on a black Cayenne this would be perfect. Would love to see the inside color matched to other color Ceyennes.

From the Russian site just so not everone has to follow the link.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
looks awesome.

Originally Posted by Cole
I think on a black Cayenne this would be perfect. Would love to see the inside color matched to other color Ceyennes.

From the Russian site just so not everone has to follow the link.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
This is the translation:
your welcome.

Купил недавно Кайен. Фары на нем были все затертые и мутные. Полировка фар результатат не принесла, все стекла из нутри были в каком то налете Решили разобрать И вот что из этого вышло: Весь процесс занял вечер пятницы. По расходникам 1170 р. (Туба герметика для стекол, флакон грунтовки и краски для бамперов черной матовой, малярный скотч, мистер мускул, строительный фен, 2 плоских отвертки, канцелярский нож). Еще предстоит повторная полировка и проверка герметизации.
П.С. Не судите строго!!!!!!)))))))))))))

equals :

Purchased recently Cayenne. Headlights on it were all rubbed over and turbid. The polishing of headlights [rezultatat] did not bring, all glass from [nutri] were in what that attack they decided to dismantle I this is what this it left: Entire process engaged the evening of Friday. On quillworts 1170 r. (Tuba sealing compound for the glass, the bottle of priming and paint for the bumpers of black lusterless, painter Scotch tape, Mister muscle, construction foehn, 2 flat screwdrivers, office knife). Repeated polishing and leak check still is in prospect. [P].[S]. you do not judge strictly!!!!!! ") ") ") "))

Thx... but I used Google/Bing translation as well and it came up with the same - unfortunately not exactly instructions I can use or trust to use on my own headlights lol

Would really be interested in knowing how he separated the lense from the housing

Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Google russian to english translator. I copied and pasted this from the first paragraph of the page....

Has bought recently Кайен. Headlights on it were all jammed and muddy. Polishing of headlights результатат has not brought, all glasses from нутри were in what that a strike Have decided to disassemble And here that has left from this: All process has borrowed evening of Friday. On расходникам 1170 р. (the Tuba of hermetic for glasses, a bottle of a first coat and a paint for bumpers black matte, a painting adhesive tape, Mr. a muscle, a building hair drier, 2 flat screw-drivers, a writing knife). Repeated polishing and check of hermetic sealing Still is necessary.
П.С. Do not judge strictly!!!!!!)))))))))))))

Old 03-25-2010, 04:08 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
What about smoking the front headlights lightly or adding color tint like yellow or blue tints to the front headlights? I see these on ebay and the protective wraps would protect against pitting etc.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:59 PM
jchou38 has a spectacular aura aboutjchou38 has a spectacular aura about
looks good, but too difficult for me to do, but i don't think it would look good on a blue car

Old 06-20-2010, 05:30 PM
I played around with this a bit this afternoon.

The lights are sealed with a grey silicone. Which is different than the black stuff that both my Audis were sealed with. Dispite them both being made by Valeo.

I used an Exacto knife and a dental pick to remove the silicone. Have about 90% of it out. That is where I had to stoo for tonight. Looks like once you dig/cut all the silicone free you should be able to pry the catch tabs up and separate the two halves fairly easy.

The nice thing about the Cayenne is that the headlights come off so easy that you can work on this a little at a time and just put them back in.

I will post more when I have time to work on it again.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone blackout the headlights?