997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Airbag light came on. How to reset and possible problem?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Big_O will become famous soon enough
Airbag light came on. How to reset and possible problem?

The airbag light came on. Took it to a local shop but he didn't have the SRS / OBD tool to reset it. Will a durametric reset it? Think it might be a seatbelt switch? Don't want to reset it and have the warning go away then not have it deploy if needed. Any ideas before taking it to the stealership?

Thanks

Old 06-19-2010, 11:07 PM
purple8gold is on a distinguished road
Someone just replied to my post about this. Said he tried Durametric and it didn't work. On planet-9, someone suggested you don't leave the seats touching the back, leave about an inch gap. Mine's on after installing an SSK.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:55 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Big_O
The airbag light came on. Took it to a local shop but he didn't have the SRS / OBD tool to reset it. Will a durametric reset it? Think it might be a seatbelt switch? Don't want to reset it and have the warning go away then not have it deploy if needed. Any ideas before taking it to the stealership?

Thanks

Durametric should reset the airbag warning light. But you should find out what tripped the light in the first place or it may come back after it is reset.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:07 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I tripped mine switching out the ebrake lever - something I unplugged and then turned the key on to move the seats out of the way. It took the dealer a few tries to get it to stay off.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:35 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
If you disconnect any of the air bag connections, including the passenger bag warning light on the center console, and turn on the ignition while any of these are disconnected, an air bag fault light will come on and will have to be reset.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:50 PM
2009carrerac4s is on a distinguished road
low voltage indicator

I had the same issue with my C4s when I changed the battery. The dealer reset the light for nothing and only said it was a low voltage indicator (like a dead battery).

Old 06-08-2016, 06:33 PM
cai
cai is on a distinguished road
My air bag icon lit up after the dealer changed one of my door handles. I also had to fiddle with the seat position since it was set for the dealership driver. I drove off thinking that it would reset, but after a few starts it has not. After having spent the entire day at the dealer, they ran out of loaner and rental cars, I did not feel like going back.

Using the Durametric tool the fault reads:

2564/SA04
Warning indicator off
Test completed this monitoring cycle
Test not failed since last clear
Test completed since last clear
Not pending DTC
Test not failed this operation cycle
Fault active.

I have not erased the fault because although it says that the operation did not fail, it also says that the fault is active. I do not know what these two indications mean. To me they seem contradictory.

Is it OK to erase the fault or not? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you,

cai

Old 06-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Lugs H is on a distinguished road
I had the air bag fault. Indy reset but fault reappeared. One of the sensors behind the front bumper failed.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:50 AM
cai
Would the air bag light signal a failure in any of the airbags in the car, or does it just signal failure of the driver steering wheel air bag?

Thank you,

cai

Old 06-09-2016, 06:21 AM
It signals that one of the many sensors failed. Google search Porsche airbag sensor locations.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:56 PM
cai
Thank you for the answers. Lugs h is correct, the dealer confirmed that it was a headliner sensor that was acting up.

My question now is: can the Durametric tool segregate between and pinpoint a particular failing sensor? I could not tell from the Durametric response that I printed above.

Thank you,

cai

Old 06-09-2016, 04:30 PM
If the Durametric shows a code. The code pinpoints the sensor that failed. My indy researched the code that was on my car. That indicated one of the front sensors behind the front bumper failed.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Gary B has a spectacular aura aboutGary B has a spectacular aura about
Same issue, dealer recommended I unplug battery then touch terminals together to reset electrical, replug battery in and it should be gone, if not I get to go to the dealer and they will us the computer to reset.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:28 AM
missmy6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can confirm that disconnecting the battery and shorting the postive to ground does not work.

In my case I ended up getting a scanner that can read airbag codes for about $150 and was able to reset the light myself. If anyone needs help on how to do this, this guide was great help.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:12 AM
AmericanPupusa is on a distinguished road
Reset airbag light

I had that happen to me and I think it was linked to the passenger airbag off light. Here’s a video I made.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Airbag light came on. How to reset and possible problem?