997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FVD tune installed .. Vbox result inside + Video!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow FVD tune installed .. Vbox result inside + Video!!

Guys,
For those who were following up .. I promised posting stock versus tune on my 2010 PDK turbo via Vbox. Running on 93 pump gas, temp was 32 Celcius, And the results were amazing!

following compared side to side numbers STOCK vs FVD tune.
-The following data is to help spread awareness on this forum and let fellow members compare numbers in order to help pick their right tuner tuner, not to mension after sale service and how the tuner cooperate with his customers when facing problems.. etc. After all we r all enthuasiats and *love our cars, we definately demand best bang for buck

-Stock 0-270 (100-200 in 7.67)

-tuned (100-200 in 6.71)

-Stock 0-160 mph

-tuned

-Stock 60-130

-tuned

-Quarter Mile Stock

-tuned

-And here is a video just to give you a figure on how quick the car runs on street versus a Ferrari Scuderia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0qHcinrjQ&feature=sub

Hopefully you guys reading this thread have found it useful and befinited of the data provided up ahead, and i'm posting this as mensioned above to help my fellow members on this forum but not to try to bash other tuners or creat a point of criticism and controversy. I have respect to all other tuners, they got there because they have their audiences other wise we couldn't have heard of them IMO

P.S : my car goes into limp mode on speeds beyond 160 mph (turbo's stop spooling). Going back and forth with my tuner, we have came down that due to the defected on 1st patch of turbo's the exhaust sensors defect coded P0546 & P0549, i also heard many turbos have been recalled to swap them sensors. I'll post data beyond 160 once the issue is solved.

Thanking you,

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 10-22-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:32 AM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
That looked hella fast against that Scud

Good job, the .2TT never ceases to amaze me!

Old 10-22-2010, 01:44 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Nice results...By having a virtual race,we see that...
1)At time 3,24sec stock car did a distance of 50,24m
while mod car did a distance of 47,41m
so the stock car was ahead of half car lenght...
2)At time 12,16sec stock car did a distance of 454.5m
while mod car did a distance of 468.4m
So the mod car was ahead of 14m,almost 3 and a half car lenghts
As we can see a modded PDK car is faster than stock after 100km...less power of stock car allows for a better take off...

Old 10-22-2010, 01:47 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Post some data based on time...not on speed.so to be able to see lenght differences...

Old 10-22-2010, 02:10 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
great job Ahmed who listens to the advice will always achieve success
congrats and thats a great post we were all waiting
hopefully Mr. brombache will fix the limp mode soon ... as most of the tuners are facing the same problem now with the limp mode issue ..
but this numbers are even better than shottcaller's number ..
great ..

Old 10-22-2010, 02:18 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
owww and now from now on you cant say thats your car is not tuned ehehhehe :P cause 99% of Kuwait Porsche owners are here

Old 10-22-2010, 04:55 AM
f360c5 will become famous soon enoughf360c5 will become famous soon enough
Very impressive and nice kill

Old 10-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Guys,
For those who were following up .. I promised posting stock versus tune on my 2010 PDK turbo via Vbox. Running on 93 pump gas, temp was 32 Celcius, And the results were amazing!

following compared side to side numbers STOCK vs FVD tune.
-The following data is to help spread awareness on this forum and let fellow members compare numbers in order to help pick their right tuner tuner, not to mension after sale service and how the tuner cooperate with his customers when facing problems.. etc. After all we r all enthuasiats and *love our cars, we definately demand best bang for buck

-Stock 0-270 (100-200 in 7.67)

-tuned (100-200 in 6.71)

-Stock 0-160 mph

-tuned

-Stock 60-130

-tuned

-Quarter Mile Stock

-tuned

-And here is a video just to give you a figure on how quick the car runs on street versus a Ferrari Scuderia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0qHcinrjQ&feature=sub

Hopefully you guys reading this thread have found it useful and befinited of the data provided up ahead, and i'm posting this as mensioned above to help my fellow members on this forum but not to try to bash other tuners or creat a point of criticism and controversy. I have respect to all other tuners, they got there because they have their audiences other wise we couldn't have heard of them IMO

P.S : my car goes into limp mode on speeds beyond 160 mph (turbo's stop spooling). Going back and forth with my tuner, we have came down that due to the defected on 1st patch of turbo's the exhaust sensors defect coded P0546 & P0549, i also heard many turbos have been recalled to swap them sensors. I'll post data beyond 160 once the issue is solved.

Thanking you,
Congratulations for awesome results!!

Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
hopefully Mr. brombache will fix the limp mode soon ... as most of the tuners are facing the same problem now with the limp mode issue ..
great ..
U need to double check my data again

Mine ran 100-200kmh in 6.62sec vs Spunky which ran 6.71sec

Mine ran 60-130mph in 7.7sec vs Spunky 7.8sec

I noticed that spunky car ran 0-60mph...Stock 3.1sec vs tuned 3.1sec

Mine ran 0-60mph in 3.46sec ( tires still new about 3000-4000 mile ) coz it is still SPUN

Also the temp was 97F/36C vs Spunky was 32C

Last edited by Shotcaller; 10-22-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Banned
Waiting to verification

Old 10-22-2010, 07:05 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
great job ahmd .. nice number's

Old 10-22-2010, 07:07 AM
MikeWads is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting your results and video!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:09 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing.

bob

Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I have to say I am pretty impressed with these runs on pump fuel with just a flash. The new PDK turbos with a flash are comparable to a Metzger turbo with stage 2 mods

Old 10-22-2010, 11:04 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeWads
Thanks for posting your results and video!

Appreciate it bro ..

Originally Posted by ysfg35
great job ahmd .. nice number's
Thnx my dear

Originally Posted by Shotcaller
U need to double check my data again

Mine ran 100-200kmh in 6.62sec vs Spunky which ran 6.71sec

Mine ran 60-130mph in 7.7sec vs Spunky 7.8sec

I noticed that spunky car ran 0-60mph...Stock 3.1sec vs tuned 3.1sec

Mine ran 0-60mph in 3.46sec ( tires still new about 3000-4000 mile ) coz it is still SPUN " smilieid="15" class="inlineimg" />

Also the temp was 97F/36C vs Spunky was 32C

Thnx bro , i'll get back to verify my result check and compare the decline results between us. But even though your tune is most simalar to mine, i really love proto and appreciate every bit of their work. Though if you go back to your run file, u find me faster beyond 100 mph. and your 60-130 is 7.79 its almost identical .. gr8 results though

Originally Posted by yalmutawa

great ..

Yosf i picked fvd waaay long before i had the car, but tht doesn't mean u encouraging to go for it didn't help .. Thnx pal

Originally Posted by skandalis447
Post some data based on time...not on speed.so to be able to see lenght differences...
Unfortunately my run file is with k_ddsl he just sent me the results above to my email, and he's out of the country right now. But sorry i still dnt get your question how u mean by length diffrences ? i thought it's in the table above

Originally Posted by eclou
I have to say I am pretty impressed with these runs on pump fuel with just a flash. The new PDK turbos with a flash are comparable to a Metzger turbo with stage 2 mods
thnx bro! True the pdk is an awesome machine, i mean it's capabalities are waaay beyond my expectations. The car is an over kill right out of the dealership :P

Originally Posted by bbywu
Thanks for sharing.

bob
my pleasure bob! what ever i could do to help in this forum

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 10-22-2010 at 11:09 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD tune installed .. Vbox result inside + Video!!