BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Performance upgrades for 08 Alpina B7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 01:14 AM
AP24LA is on a distinguished road
Question Performance upgrades for 08 Alpina B7

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and have a question I was hoping you could help me out with. I am currently in the market for a new car and am having a tough time trying to decide between a B7 and e60 M5. I previously had an 04 745li and I loved the roomy cabin and luxurious interior but it wasnt much of a road monster like I wanted. I currently own a chrysler 300 srt8 and love the performance I get out of it with nearly 600hp but its lacking the features that I loved about the 7. I need the size of the 7 with the performance of the M so my question to you is are there any performance upgrades available for the B7 (pulley, headers, tune, exhaust, intake, etc.) that would allow it to hang with or walk away from the M? Im fully aware of all the aftermarket tuning possibilities for the M but havent seen any for the Alpina. How far apart are they speed wise? Im not heading to the track anytime soon so my main concern is straight line speed. I realize the Alpina is an awesome performance car but its not really in the realm that im currently used to and I would hate to downgrade my fun factor to simply have a roomier cabin. Thanks for any help.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
It sounds like an M5 is the closest you will get to what you want!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Tarek307
It sounds like an M5 is the closest you will get to what you want!
certainly seems like it.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:34 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
if you love a chrysler, you're not worthy of an M5 (j/k) get the M

Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
I am sure alpina has upgrades available. I have sold BMWs for over 6 years and have driven both extensivly. The Alpina is WAY more exclusive if you are into that. The M5 is a true sports sedan. The ride is much smoother on the B7 but it does not handle like the M. Since you have a 300 already which is a big comfortable powerfull sedan I would go with the M5. If you were replacing your 300 I would get the Alpina. Hope this helps.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
I am sure alpina has upgrades available. I have sold BMWs for over 6 years and have driven both extensivly. The Alpina is WAY more exclusive if you are into that. The M5 is a true sports sedan. The ride is much smoother on the B7 but it does not handle like the M. Since you have a 300 already which is a big comfortable powerfull sedan I would go with the M5. If you were replacing your 300 I would get the Alpina. Hope this helps.
If there are upgrades available no one seems to be able to find them that im aware of. I definitely like the thought of the alpina being so exclusive but then again its getting to be alittle long in the tooth. When I get one in the next six months or so ill be looking at very little warranty also. I guess if im looking for mods the warranty doesnt make a difference either way. Good problems to have though I guess huh? Decisions decisions....

Old 11-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by cole328
if you love a chrysler, you're not worthy of an M5 (j/k) get the M
I hate the chrysler but I LOVE the power lol. Thats why im looking for a change. Coming out of a 745, S550, escalade, etc. the quality difference was a shock but I needed some speed for a while and got a great deal on it.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:52 PM
renesis is on a distinguished road
i have an email in to alpina to see if there is anyone in the us that is able/has software to tune the alpina, or if they offer kits to upgrade the existing setup (pulley, injectors, reflash) that can be installed by an approved shop. i can find NOTHING on the net to support this desire. you would think the alpina is capable of 650+ crank hp, and that they would want to compete with AMG. we'll see. i will let you know as soon as i get a response. better yet ill post it on the site for everyone to read.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by renesis
i have an email in to alpina to see if there is anyone in the us that is able/has software to tune the alpina, or if they offer kits to upgrade the existing setup (pulley, injectors, reflash) that can be installed by an approved shop. i can find NOTHING on the net to support this desire. you would think the alpina is capable of 650+ crank hp, and that they would want to compete with AMG. we'll see. i will let you know as soon as i get a response. better yet ill post it on the site for everyone to read.
PLEASE keep me up to date. I have been trying to find an answer for months and have found absolutely zero. Ive called dozens of specialty shops and most of them aren't even aware of what car im referring to until I thoroughly explain it to them. I agree with your guess on the possibly of the hp numbers. I was thinking around 600 but either way I refuse to believe that there is absolutely no power to be had from a FI engine running such low boost.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:32 PM
I take it there was no response from Alpina?

Old 11-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Hello Mr. xxxxxx,
Thank you for your interest in ALPINA.
Interesting to see the address: my sister's just off Granny White Pike and Tyne Blvd...
We do not offer any modifications for our vehicles. Doing so would void the manufacturer's limited warranty.
I have also read about the systems on offer from Mercedes' AMG division. One thing of which to be aware: the AMG system is based on a 5.5-liter V8, ours on a 4.4-liter V8.
That means that ALPINA's specific performance (per-liter performance), is already about 25% higher. This would suggest that the potential of the ALPINA engine has already been more fully realized. One corollary to the B7's smaller displacement: excellent, segment-leading fuel economy in normal driving.
In addition, AMG employs many multiples of the staff as found at ALPINA, and has the full might of Mercedes-Benz behind it. We at ALPINA are 200 expert engineers and craftsmen. We simply don't have the resources beyond series production automobiles.
Again, thank you for your (continuing!) interest in ALPINA, and have a great day out Tennessee way,
Kris
Kris Odwarka
Sales Director
ALPINA Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH + Co. KG
Alpenstraße 35-37,
D - 86807 Buchloe, Germany
Mail : xxxxxxxxxxxarka@alpina.de>
Phone xxxxxxxxxxxxxx005 220
Fax xxxxxxxxxxxxx1 5005 80 220
Mobile xxxxxxxxxxx 816 6661

Old 11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
i expected a reply to this tune. the alpina people prob dont want to have people boosting the heck out of, and blowing, their already modded cars. they prob think it would make them look bad, or their cars unreliable.

so nobody has broken the tuning software for these? you would think they could make a fortune from it.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:23 PM
i expected a reply to this tune. the alpina people prob dont want to have people boosting the heck out of, and blowing, their already modded cars. they prob think it would make them look bad, or their cars unreliable.

so nobody has broken the tuning software for these? you would think they could make a fortune from it.
Yea its unfortunate Understandable but unfortunate

Old 06-16-2022, 10:15 PM
Shojohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is the answer you are looking for

I am so surprised that nobody has heard of the largest eurotuner on the planet
DINAN, their tuner software will give you 75 horsepower and over 100 ft lb of torque all you need to do is change the two pressure sensors on the supercharger. Google their website or just put this in the search bar tuner for 2008 B7 Alpina

Old 10-25-2022, 12:53 PM
MaseratiDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Shojohn
I am so surprised that nobody has heard of the largest eurotuner on the planet
DINAN, their tuner software will give you 75 horsepower and over 100 ft lb of torque all you need to do is change the two pressure sensors on the supercharger. Google their website or just put this in the search bar tuner for 2008 B7 Alpina
Dinan is a bit outdated in the BMW world for tuning/performance. Steve Dinan himself started Carbahn, but MHD and BM3 are more dominant on the tuning side.